Having been involved in Martial Arts and Self Defence since 1995, I have seen and learnt a lot in that time. My eyes were really opened in 2000 when I started training with Dave Turton, 9th Dan and head of the Self Defence Federation (SDF). With over 50 years in the Martial Arts and with a strong focus on what works in the street Dave was the right man for me to learn from. From then until now I have trained with Dave on an ongoing basis and am continuing to learn from him now.
I have taught self defence in classes, in schools, on courses in the workplace and on a 1 to 1 basis. I have also spent time as a Special Constable for Nottinghamshire Police and worked as a Door Superviser and seen and dealt with confrontation, aggression and violence in those roles.
If you want to learn to defend yourself, or provide a course for a group I am sure I can help.
I currently offer Self Defence in the following ways:
1-1 Private Lessons - £40 per 1 hour session (1 person), or £50 per 1 hour lesson (2 people training together).
Note: It is better if 2 people can train together as it is easier to learn and practice with a training partner
Group Sessions/ Courses - Typically £100 per hour. Please contact me to discuss your specific requirements.
What I teach:
My Self Defence teachings are primarily from the Self Defence Federation Modern Street Combat system. I have studied this system since 2000 and currently hold a 4th Degree Black Belt under Dave Turton 9th Dan. The topics I can cover include:
- Awareness and Avoidance Tactics
- Distance control
- Effective Visual and Verbal Communication in Aggressive Situations
- Striking and Impact Techniques for the Street
- Control and Restraint Techniques
- Breakaway and Escape
- Self Defence for Women
- Dealing with Grab attacks
- Dealing with Punching Attacks
- Dealing with Kicking Attacks
- Dealing with Blunt and Edged Weapons
- Handling Multiple Attackers
Private Tuition:Ian Harrison does provide private lessons subject to availability and your requirements. These lessons are normally for 1 hour each session.
1 Person = £40.00 per 1 hour session
2 People = £50.00 per 1 hour session (£25.00 each)
Private lessons can include any element or combination of the following to suit your individual needs.
- Kickboxing - Punching development
- Kickboxing - Kicking development
- Kickboxing - Combination Drills
- Padwork Drills
- Sparring/ Fight Training
- Fitness and Flexibility Work
- Self Defence/ Personal Safety Training
- Modern Street Combat - The Self Defence Federation
(SDF) Self Defence System